My name is Paul Belard. I learned the art of bookbinding in Paris in the late 70’s at the shop of renowned French bookbinder Paule Ameline.
I have been practicing fine bookbinding, repairs and restoration in the USA since 1980.
I am also a book collector whose interests are nice bindings (art deco, art nouveau, inlaid bindings), explorations, American civil war, books with steel engravings, History, fore-edge paintings, books with original works by illustrators.
- Hundreds of individuals interested in book binding, repair & restoration
- Complete Traveler Book Shop, New York City
- D. Von Bothmer, Curator of Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Nelson Doubleday, Editor and Owner of the Mets
- Bob Brier, American Egyptologist & Senior Research Fellow at CW Post
- CW Post Library, Special Collections
- R.F. Lewis Museum of African American History, Maryland
- Pat Conroy, Author (Prince of tides, Beach Music, The Great Santini). See note below.
- Carnegie Corporation of New York
- Seawanhaka Yacht Club, Oyster Bay, NY
- Association of Descendants of the Mayflower
- Book Revue Book Store, Huntington, NY
- Strathmore Vanderbilt Country Club, Manhasset, NY